From the Incheon Airport to the Hotel I was welcomed by snow, snow and snow. Only colour I was seeing was "WHITE". Knee height snow was motivating/ demotivating, didn't knew - but I was enjoying. There were cars, bikes - well under the snow, don't believe me - See it for yourself.
I reached the hotel at 8 PM in night; the hotel room was comfortable and was equipped with everything I required. How would you have felt - if your hotel room window places such a view...
Next day I was supposed to report to the office. Excitement was high on account of meeting new friends.
In downtown Seoul, one can find traces of its 5,000 year history in its palaces, city gates, and temples, yet the country is also a rapidly developing nation in terms of industry, trade, and commerce.
- The Seoul Tower : This is the landmark of the city and is visible from most of the city.
- Cheonggyecheon Stream
- Dongdaemun Market: It is situated on Seoul Subway Line 2 Dongdaemun Stadium Station, or Line 1 or 4 Dongdaemun Station. Dongdaemun is one of the major markets of Korea. From wholesale clothing to a number of fashion malls, one can get get anything to everything here at reasonable rates. It is a popular spot amongst foreigners too.
- Namdaemun Market: Take Subway line 4, Hoehyeon station, exit 5 to reach the market which dates back to 1414, time of King Taejong. Walking is the only option to explore this market. This is one market where you can get almost evrything at very attractive rates.
- Jogey Temple : A small and beautiful Buddhist temple in Jogno, near to my office.
- Chang-Gyeong-Gung Palace
- Suraksan Mountains : Destination for trekking and nature loving enthusiasts.
- War Memorial of Korea
- Bukhansan Mountains
Subway is the best way to travel in Seoul. Almost every part of the Seoul has been connected by Metro train. Seoul Metro is perhaps the best one in the World. Take a map in hand and start exploring. Not only travelling Seoul Subway is host to beautiful shopping arcades, eateries and a lot of happening places to keep you occupied and in good spirits too. Can you imagine this is an entrance to one of the Subway Stations...?